Wilmer Flores as Chewbacca is the highlight of D-backs Star Wars Night
Wilmer Flores as Chewbacca? David Peralta as Anakin Skywalker?
Fans who attended Saturday’s D-backs game against the Atlanta Braves were treated to the full Star Wars experience, from stormtroopers on the field before the game to Arizona’s starters being morphed into the series’ characters on the jumbotron.
Star Wars Night had its fair share of funny moments, but none more so than Flores as Chewbacca.
Just look for yourself:
OH MY GOD pic.twitter.com/nZR2guXWXm
— Derek Montilla (@Cap_Kaveman) May 12, 2019
Christian Walker was introduced as Christian “Sky” Walker before the game, a close second to Chewbacca Flores.
Other good Star Wars character morphs were Eduardo Escobar as Poe Dameron and Ketel Marte as Finn.
- Bumgarner’s start, Smith’s late homer lead D-backs to sweep over Pirates
- D-backs announce weekend starting rotation, several roster moves
- D-backs dingers help batten down the hatches in win over the Pirates
- D-backs place Asdrubal Cabrera on 10-day IL, reinstate Kole Calhoun
- Diamondbacks 3B Eduardo Escobar named to first career All-Star Game