Doug & Wolf’s biggest questions for the Cardinals-Lions game
The ability to remain secretive has so far been easy for Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Nobody has transitioned his style of offense to the NFL, and the first-year coach made it clear early on in the preseason that he wasn’t going to show his cards until Week 1 against the Detroit Lions. That moment arrives Sunday.
Arizona hosts Detroit at State Farm Stadium ready to reveal more than most teams. While offensive scheme is a big part of that, questions about the defensive side of the ball linger into the regular season as well.
Doug & Wolf of 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station have questions. Fifteen, to be exact.
Here are five points of curiosity that Doug Franz, Ron Wolfley and Paul Calvisi want to learn in the Cardinals’ season opener.
5. Will this Air Raid, Pro Raid, Kliff Raid, work?
4. Matt Patricia in the first quarter: What doesn’t he know about the Cardinals and what will he do about it?
3. David Johnson, who are you? Flash in the pan or one of the biggest studs in the NFL?
2. Physicality, Cardinals defense … can you stop the run?
1. Kyler Murray vs. the blitz. How does he handle it?
5. What is the cadence?
4. The Cardinals’ ability to stop the run – Do they have that ability?
3. The interior offensive line. Guess what, we’re looking at you on Sunday.
2. What sort of edge are they going to play with? They need more dogs.
1. How good can Kyler be and much can he carry the rest of the team?
5. To what degree are they going to go up-tempo?
4. How much 10 personnel are we really going to see?
3. How often is K2 talking to K1? Is he going to be talking to him during the pre-snap read?
2. They got to beat the blitz. What are Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray going to do?
1. Physicality on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball: The biggest question far and away.