Ole Miss HC Lane Kiffin actually has a good experience on a tarmac
In a press conference announcing Lane Kiffin as the new Ole Miss head coach on Monday, he had the perfect answer to a question regarding his welcoming by the fans at an Oxford airport.
“A lot better than another tarmac experience that I had,” said Kiffin, smiling to a room of laughter.
Lane Kiffin asked about arriving at the Ole Miss Airport. His response 🔊pic.twitter.com/3U1kfNndcv
— CoachTube.com (@thecoachtube) December 9, 2019
It was only six years ago when Arizona State embarrassed the USC Trojans in Tempe, resulting in the firing of Kiffin.
He was fired in grand fashion by the team, being taken off the bus going back to the university and given his pink slip inside the airport.
Kiffin’s experience at an Oxford airport over the weekend made headlines for a different reason.
His arrival was a sight to see.
Kiffin was bombarded by fans and held babies as if he was going to challenge President Donald Trump for the White House in 2020.
New Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin holding babies and greeting fans after landing in Oxford. pic.twitter.com/8MMN1ga6cZ
— News Mississippi (@News_MS) December 8, 2019
Ole Miss is looking for Kiffin to bring the program back to relevance when the team was ranked as high as No. 3 in the nation during the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
- ASU hoops looks like Pac-12 contender after draft withdrawal deadline
- Michael Crow: ‘Probable’ ASU-Arizona football rivalry moves to end of year
- ASU, Arizona players among Pac-12 group sitting out for change
- ASU swimming and diving to redshirt entire rosters for 2020-21 season
- Report: ASU, Arizona to play Stanford and Cal in proposed 10-game schedule