Caliendo does Bill Walton impression alongside Walton during ASU game
Can’t get enough of Bill Walton as a color commentator for college basketball?
Well on Thursday night, Arizona State’s game against No. 14 Oregon featured not one, but two Waltons on the broadcast.
Comedian Frank Caliendo joined play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch at the broadcast table and did his infamous Walton impersonation.
Caliendo captured Walton’s unique way of delivering commentary by describing Arizona’s landscape.
Walton was appreciative that he could finally converse with somebody about the Valley in the same manner that he does and even went on to show off his knowledge of Arizona’s rivers.
Walton even joked that Caliendo is a “human being” and not a “comedian” when Pasch introduced Caliendo by his profession.
Prior to Thursday night’s tip-off, Pasch joined 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Burns & Gambo where the over/under was set at 3.5 for the number of times Walton would say “the conference of champions” during the game.
Pasch responded by saying it should be at 37, as Walton would go on to easily surpass the 3.5 mark in ASU’s 77-72 win over No. 14 Oregon.
- Herm Edwards wants to build ASU’s team around QB Jayden Daniels
- ASU product Luguentz Dort signs multi-year deal with Thunder
- Stadium grades AD Ray Anderson’s big hires at Arizona State
- Power shifting from coaches to players across college football
- ESPN’s Ryan Clark emotional after ASU DB son faces overt racism