Saying Kobe Bryant has not been good to start this season would be an understatement.
One of the best players to ever play the game and a surefire Hall of Famer, the 37-year-old is averaging 15.8 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists while shooting a miserable .323 from the field and .206 from 3-point range. Tuesday night against Denver, he made just four of 11 shots — including one of five from 3, with that effort coming off an even worse performance a couple nights earlier against the Dallas Mavericks.
The performance against Dallas led Bryant to declare that he is the 200th-best player in the NBA, adding, “I freaking suck.”
The effort against Denver, meanwhile, spawned a wonderful video in which his rough night is transposed into NBA Jam.
- A single decision seven years ago altered career path of Suns’ Devin Booker
- NBA Draft Lottery positioning update: No recent wins for teams at bottom
- SI: Phoenix Suns have one of the brighter futures in the NBA
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr lets players run huddles against Suns
- Will Barton says Troy Daniels scuffle was over podcast comments