Saying Kobe Bryant has not been good to start this season would be an understatement.
One of the best players to ever play the game and a surefire Hall of Famer, the 37-year-old is averaging 15.8 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists while shooting a miserable .323 from the field and .206 from 3-point range. Tuesday night against Denver, he made just four of 11 shots — including one of five from 3, with that effort coming off an even worse performance a couple nights earlier against the Dallas Mavericks.
The performance against Dallas led Bryant to declare that he is the 200th-best player in the NBA, adding, “I freaking suck.”
The effort against Denver, meanwhile, spawned a wonderful video in which his rough night is transposed into NBA Jam.
- Summer Suns have sluggish performance in loss to Mavericks
- Suns’ strong drafting not unique among competition in West
- Report: Suns, Nuggets talked swapping Bledsoe for Mudiay, pick
- The new face of the Phoenix Suns? Devin Booker says, ‘I feel I’m built for it’
- Suns Strokes: Warren, Booker lead Phoenix to home finale win over Mavericks