— NFL (@NFL) November 15, 2015
Patriots returner Danny Amendola fields a punt deep in his own territory and he sheds a would-be tackler.
His speed allows him to turn the corner and outrun the Giants in pursuit. He gets several great blocks from his teammates as he gets upfield.
Amendola sees daylight, and his New England teammates run with him, ready to celebrate a touchdown in the end zone.
Patriots special teamer Duron Harmon, for some reason, decides to run right behind Amendola, who would have outrun the few New York tacklers left. And by doing so, Harmon trips his teammate after an 82-yard return. Amendola falls at the 7-yard line, and the Giants catch up to tackle him short of the goal line.
Luckily for him, Harmon won’t be a scapegoat.
New England scored a touchdown on the possession anyhow, and late heroics from Stephen Gostkowski allowed them to kick a 54-yard field goal to beat New York in the final seconds.
— SB Nation NFL (@SBNationNFL) November 16, 2015
- Aaron Hernandez had severe CTE; daughter sues NFL, Pats
- Doug and Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 3
- Arizona Sports’ NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Third new team claims No. 1 spot
- Doug and Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 2
- Arizona Sports’ NFL Power Rankings Week 1: Patriot domination