Arizona State football players Jayme Otomewo and Deonte Reynolds were arrested on one charge each of second-degree burglary. They were booked at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Sunday.
A short statement from Arizona State University confirmed that the two players have been dismissed from the team.
Otomewo is a redshirt sophomore safety from Los Angeles. He did not see action in any of the Sun Devils’ 12 games this season.
Reynolds, a junior defensive tackle from Pinole, Calif., was part of ASU’s 2015 recruiting class. He played one season at Contra Costa College and was considered the ninth-best junior college defensive tackle in the class by 247Sports.com.
Reynolds was redshirting this season.
The Sun Devils (6-6) are preparing for their matchup against West Virginia in the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl Jan. 2 at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix.
- Fork Report: Sun Devils upend Utes for back-to-back Pac-12 wins
- Arizona State’s N’Keal Harry steps up to coach’s challenge
- Mark May on ASU defensive coordinator Phil Bennett: ‘He’s seen everything’
- Sun Devil Source Report Podcast: Reviewing the Washington upset
- Replacing a legend: ASU kicker Ruiz handling big expectations