Those were regular-season items that could be found at Chase Field, and yes, they’re delicious.
Now it appears they’ve taken their efforts to Salt River Fields to help feed spring training fans, with this year’s star being the Mega Dog.
— Jim Cross (@Crossfire923) March 1, 2016
According to USA Today’s For the Win Blog, the Mega Dog is a half-pound, foot-long hot dog that is topped with smoked pulled pork and green chile mac & cheese. It weighs in at roughly a pound of total food, and it can only be found at Salt River Fields.
In case you are like us and now making plans to get over to the ballpark to eat one or two or seven of these things, note they will cost you $12 each.
- Communication, familiarity key factors in Tyler Clippard’s return to D-backs
- Zac Gallen given the nod for D-backs’ 1st spring training game
- Diamondbacks agree to terms with reliever Tyler Clippard
- D-backs’ Alex Young preparing as starter but ready for bullpen role
- Trayce Thompson: Coming to D-backs a full circle experience