Unless you’ve been under a rock, you’ve seen your fair share of celebration/reaction videos to Kris Jenkins’ buzzer beater that gave Villanova the NCAA Tournament championship Monday night in Houston.
You probably haven’t seen this one.
TBS broadcaster and basketball legend Charles Barkley was captured on video reacting to the instantly legendary shot. Let’s just say he was excited.
Remember, Barkley’s broadcast partner, Kenny Smith, is a North Carolina alum. Didn’t matter.
There are several “theories” out there as to why Barkley would be so excited. There’s the geographical. Barkley spent a good portion of his NBA career in Philadelphia, and may have developed a liking/respect for the Villanova program while he was there.
There’s the pure. Maybe Barkley just got caught up in the moment of a great finish to a phenomenal championship game.
And, of course, there’s the nefarious. Some have wondered if Sir Charles could have had a few dollars on the outcome.
Regardless of the reason, it’s great video!
- Chicago White Sox fan takes ‘saving some for later’ to a new level
- GCU’s wait for NCAA Tournament bid continues after conference loss
- Sun Devil postseason primer: ASU spring sports prepare for NCAAs
- Following latest remarks, would NBA ever silence Charles Barkley?
- Despite bumpy coaching search, Sarver can still fix image of Suns