Arizona men’s hoops will play in the Battle 4 Atlantis, an eight-team tournament in the Bahamas, in November 2017, CBS reported Wednesday.
The tournament, played in late November each year since 2011, will feature Arizona for the first time. The Wildcats come off a season in which the Tucson-based team went 25-9 (12-6 Pac-12) and finished third in the Pac-12.
Villanova, which won the National Championship this year, is also slated to participate. Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, Southern Methodist, Western Kentucky and Northern Iowa will all reportedly play in the event, as well.
The specific matchups for the tournament have yet to be determined.
- How Open Division has played out for Arizona high school football
- Wildcats move up 2 spots in college basketball AP Poll
- All about the Benjamin; ASU rides run game for Territorial Cup win over UA
- ASU has on-paper advantage, but anything is possible in Territorial Cup
- Study: ASU-UA is top rivalry in USA, Valley fans show hate toward LA