Arizona Wildcats grad transfer Talbott Denny will miss the 2016-17 basketball season after suffering a torn ACL and medial meniscus in his left knee. The injury will require surgery.
Denny, who attended Salpointe Catholic High School in Tucson before attending Lipscomb, was offered a scholarship by Arizona despite missing the 2015-16 season with a torn labrum in his shoulder.
The 6-foot-6, 205-pound forward with one season of eligibility left has already used a medical redshirt and would require clearance from the NCAA to be on a team for a sixth season. The Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe notes that it’s likely such a situation would allow him to pursue a role with Arizona in 2017-18.
Denny played three years at Lipscomb, averaging 5.9 points and 4.8 rebounds per game during the 2014-15 season.
- Arizona coach Sean Miller is a fan of ASU’s win over Kansas
- Two Arizona linebackers named to freshman ESPN All-America team
- Arizona guard Rawle Alkins plans to return vs. Alabama
- Arizona’s defense proves too much for No. 7 Texas A&M in Phoenix
- Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate named Manning Award finalist