Arizona Wildcats grad transfer Talbott Denny will miss the 2016-17 basketball season after suffering a torn ACL and medial meniscus in his left knee. The injury will require surgery.
Denny, who attended Salpointe Catholic High School in Tucson before attending Lipscomb, was offered a scholarship by Arizona despite missing the 2015-16 season with a torn labrum in his shoulder.
The 6-foot-6, 205-pound forward with one season of eligibility left has already used a medical redshirt and would require clearance from the NCAA to be on a team for a sixth season. The Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe notes that it’s likely such a situation would allow him to pursue a role with Arizona in 2017-18.
Denny played three years at Lipscomb, averaging 5.9 points and 4.8 rebounds per game during the 2014-15 season.
- Arizona basketball cancels Spain exhibition game after Barcelona attack
- Arizona’s Trier dunks on defender, pulls out the Iverson step-over
- Arizona football to give away Gronk spike bobbleheads vs. NAU
- Arizona football receives two votes in USA Today Coaches Poll
- Arizona D-lineman mistakes new Cal coach Wilcox for a player