Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 6:37 pm
The early favorite for NHL Celebration of the Year
The first overall pick in the 2012 draft has had quite a debut for the Edmonton Oilers. After scoring his first career goal Tuesday against the San Jose Sharks, Yakupov did one better two nights later against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Down 1-0 with under 10 seconds to go, Yakupov took a rebound off a shot from Taylor Hall, and calmly put the puck past Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick to force overtime.
While the Oilers eventually won in the extra session, the night will most certainly be remembered for Yakupov's post-goal celebration. Eat your heart out Theo Fleury:
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns