NBA suspends Mavericks PA announcer for criticizing refs in tweets
Better put, they'll be without their leading voice.
The NBA has suspended Dallas' public address announcer Sean Heath for two games following a series of tweets he fired off criticizing the league's officials.
Following the Mavericks' heartbreaking 122-120 overtime loss at home to the Golden State Warriors on April 1, Heath was none too pleased with the officiating, in particular Danny Crawford.
So naturally, he took to Twitter.
@EyeOnBasketball That headline should read: Danny Crawford buries Mavericks. Again.— Sean Heath (@theseanheath) April 2, 2014
Needless to say, Heath will have to learn the "think before pressing send" lesson the hard way starting Saturday.
No word yet on what the Mavericks' record is when Heath's not behind the microphone.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad