NBA suspends Mavericks PA announcer for criticizing refs in tweets
Better put, they'll be without their leading voice.
The NBA has suspended Dallas' public address announcer Sean Heath for two games following a series of tweets he fired off criticizing the league's officials.
Following the Mavericks' heartbreaking 122-120 overtime loss at home to the Golden State Warriors on April 1, Heath was none too pleased with the officiating, in particular Danny Crawford.
So naturally, he took to Twitter.
@EyeOnBasketball That headline should read: Danny Crawford buries Mavericks. Again.— Sean Heath (@theseanheath) April 2, 2014
Needless to say, Heath will have to learn the "think before pressing send" lesson the hard way starting Saturday.
No word yet on what the Mavericks' record is when Heath's not behind the microphone.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness