Updated Dec 5, 2011 - 4:53 pm
Cardinals looking for different outcome against 49ers
The 49ers entered the November 20th meeting with a 9-1 record, and beat the Cards 23-7 while forcing quarterback John Skelton to have a QB rating of 10.5.
However, Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt believes his team now has the confidence to beat the Niners.
"We played a good team in Dallas and we held our own, that will give us some confidence," Whisenhunt said. "I think our guys will be really fired up to play San Francisco because there is a rivalry there."
The first meeting was on the road, where the Cardinals have struggled recently, but Sunday will be at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Although just because the game is on the Cards home turf, Whisenhunt knows it won't be easy to walk away with a win.
"They're a tough opponent," Whisenhunt said. "We obviously didn't do a great job against them on the road last time, at least our offense didn't. Certainly we feel like we made more progress as a team, even though we won a couple of games before we went in there."
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?