Updated Dec 5, 2011 - 4:53 pm
Cardinals looking for different outcome against 49ers
The 49ers entered the November 20th meeting with a 9-1 record, and beat the Cards 23-7 while forcing quarterback John Skelton to have a QB rating of 10.5.
However, Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt believes his team now has the confidence to beat the Niners.
"We played a good team in Dallas and we held our own, that will give us some confidence," Whisenhunt said. "I think our guys will be really fired up to play San Francisco because there is a rivalry there."
The first meeting was on the road, where the Cardinals have struggled recently, but Sunday will be at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Although just because the game is on the Cards home turf, Whisenhunt knows it won't be easy to walk away with a win.
"They're a tough opponent," Whisenhunt said. "We obviously didn't do a great job against them on the road last time, at least our offense didn't. Certainly we feel like we made more progress as a team, even though we won a couple of games before we went in there."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up