Cardinals coach wants QBs to cut down on turnovers
Three of those picks belong to Kevin Kolb and two to John Skelton, meaning each QB has had some issues with ball control.
That's going to have to change, according to Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.
"If you look at where we are as a team, if we don't turn the ball over we've got a pretty good football team," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday.
Indeed, the Cardinals can ill-afford to give away opportunities, and while it would be nice to find a quarterback who can light up the scoreboard, the coach feels like cutting down on turnovers could be equally important.
"To me, number one at that position, we cannot turn the ball over the way we've done in preseason."
It would probably be fair to say the QB competition has not gone exactly according to plan, because most were hoping (or expecting) one of the two options to really stand out. Unfortunately neither of the two has really staked claim to the job, which is pretty disappointing.
"And that's what we're going to do."
Whisenhunt did say that there is no official timetable for which a decision will be made, adding that he'd wait until the final moment if it gave the team a better chance to prepare for the first game.
"I don't think waiting until the last minute is good in this situation," he said. "I think we want to say this is what our starting team is, this is what our expectations are, and when it's the appropriate time we're going to do that."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.