Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 4:42 pm
Troubled former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu to live with Patrick Peterson's family
This, according to Palm Beach Post.
Mathieu, 20, will be staying in Broward County, Florida with the family of Patrick Peterson.
Peterson, like Mathieu, was a cornerback for LSU.
"He wanted to get away from the madness in Baton Rouge," said Pat Lawler, a Boca Raton lawyer and agent for Galaxy Sports. "His mindset is to deal with his problems and get his life in order. He and his family are looking at getting Tyrann back together."
Nicknamed the "Honey Badger", Mathieu was a Heisman Trophy finalist last season after finishing as the National Defensive Player of the Year.
In 26 career games he has picked off four passes and forced 11 fumbles, though it's his prowess with the ball in his hands as a returner that make him special.
Mathieu averaged 15.6 yards per punt return last season and brought two back for touchdowns.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.