Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 8:15 am
Fitzgerald still believes in Cardinals' process
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said they are doing things the right way and doesn't question the process that leads up to Sundays.
"We're a playoff team a couple years back and there's nothing different about the preparation. His (Whisenhunt's) tempo is good, it's crisp, guys are attentive and the assignments are being executed so I don't think it has anything to do with our preparation."
This loss was especially troubling with rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley throwing four interceptions in his first NFL start, two of which were returned for touchdowns and the Cardinals not scoring a single point in the second half.
"There's a disconnect when we get out there on the field Sunday," said Fitzgerald. "I feel like we just take turns making mistakes offensively and offensively everybody has to be on the same page."
Speaking of that "disconnect," according to ESPN Stats and Information, Lindley was 0-for-6 with two interceptions when targeting Fitzgerald at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. All six of the incompletions resulted from off-target passes.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt tells the media weekly that he and the team believe in their process and their preparation and they will not change the way they do things leading up to gameday.
Fitz reiterated that again Sunday after the game before leaving the locker room. "We have to find a way to take what we're doing Monday through Saturday to Sunday and if we're able to do that, we'll have some success," he said.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.