Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 5:20 pm
Former Cardinals QB Warner 'impressed' with Ryan Lindley
The latest quarterback to audition is Ryan Lindley, a sixth-round pick in the 2012 draft who received his first NFL start against the Rams last Sunday.
Lindley, who completed 31-of-52 passes for 312 yards with four interceptions, had his struggles.
But according to Warner, who was a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday, he also had some very positive moments.
"I saw a lot of good things," Warner said. "I felt like, especially early in the game, things were really good."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, said it appeared things "got away from" Lindley as the game wore on, and the pair of pick-sixes the QB threw certainly didn't help.
"But I was impressed; I thought he made some really good throws," Warner added. "Some tough reads or went to places where you might not expect a rookie to go and deliver the football well."
Warner said Lindley did make some of the classic rookie mistakes, but overall he was "really impressed" with the way the 23-year-old played.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.