Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Dan Williams says Ray Horton's scheme is reason for success
"I just think that he has us very prepared, the way he breaks down film, he breaks down teams and tells us their tendencies," defensive tackle Dan Williams said of Horton. "It makes your job a little easier to have a coach that really breaks down film well."
The Cardinals limited the Jets to just seven points and 289 yards of offense, and forced four turnovers on the day.
Williams tallied a team-leading 10 tackles against New York, including six solo stops.
"Coach Horton had a great game plan coming into the game; I think for the most part we did do a good job executing the game plan," Williams said. "The Jets made a few good plays but for the most part we stuck with Coach Horton's game plan and it worked out good for us. We just didn't get the W."
Even dating back to the end of last season Horton's name has appeared in rumors and conversations regarding head coaching positions. His game planning and scheme on the defensive side of the ball have made him an attractive target.
"If you look at it, you pretty much know what the other team is going to do and he just does a great job," said Williams. "The whole defensive staff, they do a great job of preparing us each week."
The Cardinals rank seventh in total team defense and third in passing defense, with the only real negative being the run defense, which ranks 24th in the NFL allowing nearly 129 yards rushing per game.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.