Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals claim QB Brian Hoyer on waivers
Hoyer, a fourth-year pro from Michigan State, was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. In his NFL career with New England and Pittsburgh, Hoyer has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He's played in 13 NFL contests (only one in the last two seasons) and has not started a game in the league.
Hoyer started for more than two seasons at Michigan State, throwing for 6,159 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The Cardinals have had their quarterback issues this season with Kevin Kolb missing the last seven games with a rib injury. Veteran John Skelton and rookie sixth-round draft choice Ryan Lindley have struggled mightily in his absence. The duo has combined for two touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in that span.
To make room for Hoyer, center Rich Ohrnberger was placed on injured reserve. Ohrnberger suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.