Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 4:43 pm
Report: Cardinals interview former Eagles DC Juan Castillo
According to CBS NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the team has checked in with former Eagles defensive coordinator and offensive line coach Juan Castillo.
Former Eagles OL coach/DC Juan Castillo interviewing with the Cardinals. Would imagine its for the OL spot vacated by Russ Grimm— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 9, 2013
Castillo was the Eagles' offensive line coach from 1998-2010, when he was moved into the defensive coordinator position. He was fired from that post in October 2012, though.
La Canfora notes the Cardinals' interest would likely be for his work with offensive linemen, as that is an area the team has struggled with for the better part of forever.
However, that they would be looking to add to the coaching staff without having a coach on board yet would seem like a questionable move.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett