Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 2:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals to hold private workout with Geno Smith
The exact day, time and location of the workout are not yet known, but the fact that the Cardinals are interested is, well, interesting.
Smith is generally regarded to be the top quarterback in this year's draft, though many believe he'd be a reach for the Cardinals at number 7. However, odds are he won't fall out of the first round, so if Arizona wants him that's likely where they'll have to grab him.
But, are the Cardinals actually interested in Smith? Are they interested in any quarterback?
With Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Brian Hoyer in the fold, along with Ryan Lindley, it would seem unlikely that the Cardinals are in the market to draft someone like Smith or USC's Matt Barkley, who the team is also planning on working out.
Then again, the team may just be doing its due diligence. Perhaps one of the signal callers wows Bruce Arians and his staff, or maybe the team wants to know more about the players should they fall to the second round. Or, it's possible they are trying to make QB-needy teams picking after them believe they might actually take a quarterback at seven.
Either way the Cardinals, who have already worked out North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon, appear to be interested in learning more about the options at the position.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!