Updated May 7, 2013 - 8:27 am
Cardinals' Campbell: Daryl Washington is a 'guy we need on the field'
Daryl Washington's legal troubles are certainly cause for concern for the Arizona Cardinals, especially with a defense that could be without one of their key contributors next season.
Washington is under investigation for two counts of aggravated assault stemming from an incident with his ex-girlfriend. He was also suspended by the league for four games due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Cardinals' defensive end Calais Campbell told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Monday that while he isn't privy to the details surrounding Washington's situation, he is hopeful to have his teammate back on the field.
"One thing I know for sure is I love playing with [Washington]," Campbell said. "He's an awesome guy. He's going through a tough situation right now and I don't really know all the facts and the situation and all that went down but just as a teammate he's a great guy."
Campbell said he is hopeful the Cardinals won't be without Washington for too long.
"I know him well and he's a guy that I just love playing with so I hope everything works out for the best and we don't lose him for too long because he's a guy we need on the field," Campbell stated.
Washington had 134 tackles and nine sacks for Arizona last season and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate. He has compiled 319 tackles, 15 sacks and four interceptions over his three-year career with the Cardinals.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.