Updated May 7, 2013 - 8:27 am
Cardinals' Campbell: Daryl Washington is a 'guy we need on the field'
Daryl Washington's legal troubles are certainly cause for concern for the Arizona Cardinals, especially with a defense that could be without one of their key contributors next season.
Washington is under investigation for two counts of aggravated assault stemming from an incident with his ex-girlfriend. He was also suspended by the league for four games due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Cardinals' defensive end Calais Campbell told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Monday that while he isn't privy to the details surrounding Washington's situation, he is hopeful to have his teammate back on the field.
"One thing I know for sure is I love playing with [Washington]," Campbell said. "He's an awesome guy. He's going through a tough situation right now and I don't really know all the facts and the situation and all that went down but just as a teammate he's a great guy."
Campbell said he is hopeful the Cardinals won't be without Washington for too long.
"I know him well and he's a guy that I just love playing with so I hope everything works out for the best and we don't lose him for too long because he's a guy we need on the field," Campbell stated.
Washington had 134 tackles and nine sacks for Arizona last season and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate. He has compiled 319 tackles, 15 sacks and four interceptions over his three-year career with the Cardinals.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.