Updated Jul 26, 2013 - 9:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals open camp with different feel under Bruce Arians
The Arizona Cardinals underwent a plethora of changes this offseason -- and changes continue to abound.
The Cardinals opened camp at University of Phoenix Stadium -- a drastic change from their old digs at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff.
"It does make camp feel a little bit more like it means something," Cardinals' defensive end Calais Campbell said. "When you're at your locker, you can envision yourself being there on game day, it makes it more worthwhile when you come out here to practice and get ready for that day."
While the new scenery was a hot topic of discussion on the team's first day of camp, another prevailing theme was apparent.
Quite a few players spoke to a different vibe and style of play under new head coach Bruce Arians and his regime.
"The style is a lot different," Campbell stated. "The way we do things, the tempo, everything is just a little bit different."
Campbell also said he's seen a change in philosophy to the Cardinals' defense -- highlighting a more aggressive mentality.
"They're already on top of us," Campbell said. "First practice and they're telling me get up the field a little bit more and be more explosive. So that's something I am working on and I have been working on this whole offseason."
Campbell isn't the only player who is relishing in the team's new approach.
"It's totally different from in the past," linebacker Karlos Dansby said. "It's a new feel. Everybody's trying to get use to it. The terminology of the defense and offense on both sides of the ball, there's a lot of learning on both sides of the ball. We are just anxious to get back out there and get going."
While Campbell and Dansby are new to Arians' ways, offseason acquisition Rashard Mendenhall is quite familiar with the head coach's system from their days together in Pittsburgh.
The Cardinals' running back said his teammates seem to be acclimating well to Arians' ways -- especially his persona.
"[Arians] is so straightforward," Mendenhall explained. "He's so honest. He lets you know exactly what's going on, he lets you know exactly what we're going to do and he lets you know where you are at personally.
"Everybody respects him because he's very, very honest and straightforward and that's all you want as a player."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.