Initial medical tests on Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell 'have been positive'
That's because in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 32-20 loss in San Francisco, defensive end Calais Campbell was injured during a collision and had to be taken off on a stretcher.
The first reports out of Candlestick Park indicated that the sixth-year veteran could move all of his extremities but was also feeling numbness and tingling.
According to Cardinals' VP of Media Relations Mark Dalton, Campbell was taken to a nearby hospital after the game to undergo precautionary MRI & CT scans.
Dalton later tweeted that initial tests on Campbell have been positive but that the former Pro Bowler will still require further evaluation.
The team plans to provide more information on Campbell's status as it becomes available.
Campbell has 18 tackles and 3.5 sacks in six games this season.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.