Arizona Cardinals sign Bryan McCann, place Teddy Williams on I.R.
The team announced it has placed receiver Teddy Williams on injured reserve and re-signed cornerback Bryan McCann.
Williams, who signed with the Cardinals on Oct. 21, caught one pass for 51 yards and played a key role as a gunner on special teams. He tore his achilles during the team's win over the Jaguars Sunday.
McCann, who will take Williams' spot on the active roster, spent the preseason with the team before being released on Sept. 1. He played for the Miami Dolphins last season after entering the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2010 out of SMU.
McCann played in nine games as a rookie and scored two touchdowns -- one on an interception return and another on a punt return. On defense, McCann has collected 29 tackles with one interception and three passes defensed.
He has also played for the Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.