Arizona Cardinals sign Bryan McCann, place Teddy Williams on I.R.
The team announced it has placed receiver Teddy Williams on injured reserve and re-signed cornerback Bryan McCann.
Williams, who signed with the Cardinals on Oct. 21, caught one pass for 51 yards and played a key role as a gunner on special teams. He tore his achilles during the team's win over the Jaguars Sunday.
McCann, who will take Williams' spot on the active roster, spent the preseason with the team before being released on Sept. 1. He played for the Miami Dolphins last season after entering the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2010 out of SMU.
McCann played in nine games as a rookie and scored two touchdowns -- one on an interception return and another on a punt return. On defense, McCann has collected 29 tackles with one interception and three passes defensed.
He has also played for the Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?