Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 8:53 am
PFT names Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim Executive of the Year
Tuesday, they named Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim as their Executive of the Year.
Keim, in his first year in the position, engineered a hefty roster overhaul that helped the Cardinals increase their win total from five in 2012 to 10 in 2013 -- a total that narrowly missed the playoffs.
In his first year of running the show, the former N.C. State offensive lineman expertly blended the desire to win now with the importance of building for the future. The acquisition of quarterback Carson Palmer helped make the team a postseason contender, and late offseason moves for tackle Eric Winston and pass rusher John Abraham gave the team enhanced veteran leadership and an affordable infusion of talent.
Keim also got the steal of the 2013 draft by landing Tyrann Mathieu in round three. (Running back Andre Ellington in the sixth round wasn't bad, either.)
Keim was chosen over Seattle's John Schneider, Kansas City's John Dorsey, San Francisco's Trent Baalke, Denver's John Elway and San Diego's Tom Telesco.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.