Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians hosts 2014 Celebrity Golf Classic
Now, Arians will try to tackle an even bigger problem troubling the state and its children.
The Arians Family Foundation (AFF) will host the inaugural Arizona Golf Classic in Scottsdale, March 7-9, to help children that are involved in the court system as a result of abuse or neglect by their families.
The event will raise money to bring CASAs (court-appointed special advocates) to the kids who need a voice.
"It looks like it's going to be a great start here in Arizona," Arians told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're trying to have a benefit for CASA. My wife Christine was a CASA for 15 years and I saw firsthand how you can change one life at a time. We have 10,000 children in foster care in Maricopa County and they need our help."
The AFF was founded last year by Arians, alongside his wife, Christine. The foundation motto, "A Voice For Children," does just that -- giving the help and resources that children need for a successful future.
"We're trying to raise enough money so we can train more CASAs so that each child can have a voice," Arians said. "That's the one stable factor in most of their lives.
"I've seen what Christine has done with a number of kids who really had no future and I know two right now who are in college and have a future. We want to be that voice for them and that person that's stable in their life."
Among those expected to attend are Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson.
"A lot of the guys are coming in are looking forward to having a great time," Arians said. "The Kierland Westin is a fantastic facility and it's going to be a great time. Also, LeAnn Rimes is going to come out and sing the National Anthem and sing a few songs afterwards."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.