NFL.com redraft: Tyrann Mathieu taken fourth overall
The former LSU star burst onto the scene as a rookie, posting 68 total tackles along with two interceptions and one forced fumble.
He did it all in just 13 games, as his season was cut short by a knee injury suffered during a kick return against the Rams. But his impact was felt, and you'll find most believe the 21-year-old has an incredibly bright future ahead of himself.
His future is so bright, in fact, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes if the 2013 draft was held today, Mathieu would be taken fourth overall.
Quite a rise from No. 69, where the Cardinals actually got him.
Comment: The "Honey Badger" is a playmaking machine ideally suited to play in a multiple defense as a safety-nickel back. Mathieu's knack for creating turnovers would make him a Chip Kelly favorite in a draft do-over.
As for the Cardinals, Brooks' redraft has them taking Kyle Long at No. 7. Long, a guard, went 20th to the Chicago Bears, while Arizona nabbed North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper.
Cooper missed the entire season with a broken leg, but is expected to start and be a key contributor along the team's offensive line for years to come.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.