NFL.com's Brooks: Larry Fitzgerald still has the best hands in the NFL
The Arizona Cardinals' receiver has never had great speed and only decent size, yet has been one of the best receivers in the NFL due to his innate ability to catch everything thrown his way.
And we mean everything.
Last season, for instance, he dropped all of one pass. One.
While Fitz's skills may not be what they once were, his hands have yet to betray him. As such, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks notes that the 30-year-old wideout still has the best hands in the NFL.
Despite his production declining in recent years -- spotty QB play hasn't helped -- Fitzgerald remains the gold standard on this list. He is a natural pass catcher with strong hands and outstanding ball skills. Most crucially, Fitzgerald remains a sticky-fingered target with a knack for wrestling 50-50 balls away from defenders in big moments. Given the importance of consistency and reliability in the passing game, Fitzgerald's long history of snagging key receptions all over the field makes him the clear-cut winner in this debate.
Fitzgerald is about to enter his 11th season in the NFL, all with the Cardinals. He has caught 846 passes -- 888 if you include the postseason -- and remains one of the most reliable targets in the league.
Really, all the quarterback must do is get it close.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.