NFL.com's Brooks: Larry Fitzgerald still has the best hands in the NFL
The Arizona Cardinals' receiver has never had great speed and only decent size, yet has been one of the best receivers in the NFL due to his innate ability to catch everything thrown his way.
And we mean everything.
Last season, for instance, he dropped all of one pass. One.
While Fitz's skills may not be what they once were, his hands have yet to betray him. As such, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks notes that the 30-year-old wideout still has the best hands in the NFL.
Despite his production declining in recent years -- spotty QB play hasn't helped -- Fitzgerald remains the gold standard on this list. He is a natural pass catcher with strong hands and outstanding ball skills. Most crucially, Fitzgerald remains a sticky-fingered target with a knack for wrestling 50-50 balls away from defenders in big moments. Given the importance of consistency and reliability in the passing game, Fitzgerald's long history of snagging key receptions all over the field makes him the clear-cut winner in this debate.
Fitzgerald is about to enter his 11th season in the NFL, all with the Cardinals. He has caught 846 passes -- 888 if you include the postseason -- and remains one of the most reliable targets in the league.
Really, all the quarterback must do is get it close.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.