NFL.com's Brooks: Larry Fitzgerald still has the best hands in the NFL
The Arizona Cardinals' receiver has never had great speed and only decent size, yet has been one of the best receivers in the NFL due to his innate ability to catch everything thrown his way.
And we mean everything.
Last season, for instance, he dropped all of one pass. One.
While Fitz's skills may not be what they once were, his hands have yet to betray him. As such, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks notes that the 30-year-old wideout still has the best hands in the NFL.
Despite his production declining in recent years -- spotty QB play hasn't helped -- Fitzgerald remains the gold standard on this list. He is a natural pass catcher with strong hands and outstanding ball skills. Most crucially, Fitzgerald remains a sticky-fingered target with a knack for wrestling 50-50 balls away from defenders in big moments. Given the importance of consistency and reliability in the passing game, Fitzgerald's long history of snagging key receptions all over the field makes him the clear-cut winner in this debate.
Fitzgerald is about to enter his 11th season in the NFL, all with the Cardinals. He has caught 846 passes -- 888 if you include the postseason -- and remains one of the most reliable targets in the league.
Really, all the quarterback must do is get it close.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.