Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Aaron Hill from DL
The team announced it reinstated the second baseman from the 15-day DL Tuesday after he played six rehab games for Triple-A Reno, where he hit .375.
Hill, 31, was batting .306 with two home runs and six RBI in 10 games for the D-backs before suffering a broken hand due to an errant pitch from Pittsburgh's James McDonald on April 9. He last appeared for the D-backs on April 14 against the Dodgers.
To make room for Hill, the D-backs optioned pitcher Joe Paterson to Reno.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.