Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Aaron Hill from DL
The team announced it reinstated the second baseman from the 15-day DL Tuesday after he played six rehab games for Triple-A Reno, where he hit .375.
Hill, 31, was batting .306 with two home runs and six RBI in 10 games for the D-backs before suffering a broken hand due to an errant pitch from Pittsburgh's James McDonald on April 9. He last appeared for the D-backs on April 14 against the Dodgers.
To make room for Hill, the D-backs optioned pitcher Joe Paterson to Reno.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.