Updated Feb 12, 2014 - 3:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' manager Kirk Gibson joins Twitter
With those three words -- and one ellipse -- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson officially entered the Twitterverse.
This is what it looked like:
Unreal...so pumped!— Kirk Gibson (@23KGibby) February 12, 2014
The ever-quotable skipper talked about his first foray into the social media world Wednesday.
"When you read it today what did you think about it," Gibson asked the assembled media. "'Unreal...so pumped.' What did you guys visualize?
"Besides saying 'Oh my God, Gibby just tweeted.'"
No, that's about it.
Since joining Twitter in the morning, Gibson has amassed followers at a pretty incredible rate. At the time of this article being written, the 56-year-old amassed nearly 6,000 followers.
And for the record, Gibson is only following just three people: his son Cam along with D-backs media relations folks Josh Rawitch and Casey Wilcox.
Gibson joins Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians as one of the state's "big four" coaches on Twitter, though most of Arizona State's coaches as well as those from the University of Arizona have been communicating with 140 characters or less for a while now.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.