Updated Feb 12, 2014 - 3:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' manager Kirk Gibson joins Twitter
With those three words -- and one ellipse -- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson officially entered the Twitterverse.
This is what it looked like:
Unreal...so pumped!— Kirk Gibson (@23KGibby) February 12, 2014
The ever-quotable skipper talked about his first foray into the social media world Wednesday.
"When you read it today what did you think about it," Gibson asked the assembled media. "'Unreal...so pumped.' What did you guys visualize?
"Besides saying 'Oh my God, Gibby just tweeted.'"
No, that's about it.
Since joining Twitter in the morning, Gibson has amassed followers at a pretty incredible rate. At the time of this article being written, the 56-year-old amassed nearly 6,000 followers.
And for the record, Gibson is only following just three people: his son Cam along with D-backs media relations folks Josh Rawitch and Casey Wilcox.
Gibson joins Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians as one of the state's "big four" coaches on Twitter, though most of Arizona State's coaches as well as those from the University of Arizona have been communicating with 140 characters or less for a while now.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?