Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Former NFL GM: Osweiler a first round pick
He's not the only one who feels that way.
NFL.com's Gil Brandt, who serves as an analyst now but spent nearly 30 years running the Dallas Cowboys, says the QB vaulted himself into the first round of the draft with his performance Friday.
The scripted throwing session was run by Noel Mazzone, who recently left the Arizona State coaching staff to become an assistant at UCLA. Osweiler threw 72 passes, with seven hitting the ground. The seven misses were not, however, an indicator of wildness; his accuracy was very good. He presented himself very well, which is important for a quarterback, and interacted well with his receivers.
Osweiler's stock has risen considerably since he declared for the draft following the season, and Brandt is not alone in thinking the (now) 6-foot-7 QB could go as soon as the first round.
Of course, Osweiler will still have to work out for specific teams before the April 26 draft, which means there's still time for him to change opinions -- good or bad.
But for now, things are looking up for the 21-year-old.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.