Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Former NFL GM: Osweiler a first round pick
He's not the only one who feels that way.
NFL.com's Gil Brandt, who serves as an analyst now but spent nearly 30 years running the Dallas Cowboys, says the QB vaulted himself into the first round of the draft with his performance Friday.
The scripted throwing session was run by Noel Mazzone, who recently left the Arizona State coaching staff to become an assistant at UCLA. Osweiler threw 72 passes, with seven hitting the ground. The seven misses were not, however, an indicator of wildness; his accuracy was very good. He presented himself very well, which is important for a quarterback, and interacted well with his receivers.
Osweiler's stock has risen considerably since he declared for the draft following the season, and Brandt is not alone in thinking the (now) 6-foot-7 QB could go as soon as the first round.
Of course, Osweiler will still have to work out for specific teams before the April 26 draft, which means there's still time for him to change opinions -- good or bad.
But for now, things are looking up for the 21-year-old.
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.