Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Former NFL GM: Osweiler a first round pick
He's not the only one who feels that way.
NFL.com's Gil Brandt, who serves as an analyst now but spent nearly 30 years running the Dallas Cowboys, says the QB vaulted himself into the first round of the draft with his performance Friday.
The scripted throwing session was run by Noel Mazzone, who recently left the Arizona State coaching staff to become an assistant at UCLA. Osweiler threw 72 passes, with seven hitting the ground. The seven misses were not, however, an indicator of wildness; his accuracy was very good. He presented himself very well, which is important for a quarterback, and interacted well with his receivers.
Osweiler's stock has risen considerably since he declared for the draft following the season, and Brandt is not alone in thinking the (now) 6-foot-7 QB could go as soon as the first round.
Of course, Osweiler will still have to work out for specific teams before the April 26 draft, which means there's still time for him to change opinions -- good or bad.
But for now, things are looking up for the 21-year-old.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?