Updated Oct 23, 2012 - 2:22 pm
Alden Darby first to wear PT42 practice jersey
On game days, ASU players take the field by running out of Tillman Tunnel. A PT42 patch, which signifies Tillman's initials and Sun Devil uniform number, adorns ASU's jerseys.
Head coach Todd Graham is making Tillman's legacy an even bigger part of his current program.
Junior safety Alden Darby became the first Sun Devil ever to wear the new #42 camouflaged Tillman practice jersey during Tuesday's session.
"We call it PT42, it's a person who embodies all the things that he did," Graham said. "To earn that jersey is really hard to do, and Alden Darby earned it, because every single day, he's brought it in the classroom, the community, on the field, off the field. I think he's having an All-Pac-12 season. He's just been phenomenal."
Darby ranks fourth on the Sun Devil roster with 41 total tackles, while adding 2.5 tackles for loss, one sack, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
"I felt really proud of myself," Darby said following practice Tuesday. "It just reminded me that hard work and effort really does pay off -- and people do recognize it, it doesn't go unrecognized for sure."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.