Alden Darby first to wear PT42 practice jersey
On game days, ASU players take the field by running out of Tillman Tunnel. A PT42 patch, which signifies Tillman's initials and Sun Devil uniform number, adorns ASU's jerseys.
Head coach Todd Graham is making Tillman's legacy an even bigger part of his current program.
Junior safety Alden Darby became the first Sun Devil ever to wear the new #42 camouflaged Tillman practice jersey during Tuesday's session.
"We call it PT42, it's a person who embodies all the things that he did," Graham said. "To earn that jersey is really hard to do, and Alden Darby earned it, because every single day, he's brought it in the classroom, the community, on the field, off the field. I think he's having an All-Pac-12 season. He's just been phenomenal."
Darby ranks fourth on the Sun Devil roster with 41 total tackles, while adding 2.5 tackles for loss, one sack, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
"I felt really proud of myself," Darby said following practice Tuesday. "It just reminded me that hard work and effort really does pay off -- and people do recognize it, it doesn't go unrecognized for sure."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du