Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 1:21 pm
Marion Grice leaves ASU to be with family
Unfortunately for the Sun Devils, they might be making the trip without their second-leading rusher.
Junior running back Marion Grice (520 rushing yards) left the team this weekend, after his brother was killed in an attempted robbery Friday.
Grice did not practice Saturday before heading back to Houston to be with his family. In 2012, Grice provided ASU's offense with the perfect compliment to senior Cameron Marshall. He led the team in rushing touchdowns (9) and yards/carry (5.8).
It's unknown if he will return to the team before Saturday's game against the Midshipmen.
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- No roses, just thorns: Loss to Stanford should not diminish Sun Devils' season
- Pac-12 Championship Game Live: Notes from Sun Devil Stadium
- The Pulse: Fans like ASU's chances in Pac-12 Championship, think Sun Devils will win close
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition