Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 5:07 pm
Sun Devils work out for NFL scouts at pro day
Linebacker Brandon Magee and safety Keelan Johnson, who both attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and running back Cameron Marshall, who didn't, were among the former Sun Devils who worked out for scouts.
"Overall, I give myself a plus," Magee said. "I'm pretty satisfied. I tried my best at every drill and worked really hard to get my stats up, so I'm really happy with it."
Magee wasn't thrilled with the 4.74-second forty-yard dash he clocked at the combine last month. Friday, his time was in the 4.5 range. Magee didn't lift at the workout.
Johnson didn't feel like he improved upon his performance in Indy.
"All my numbers from the combine, they were all a lot better than what I did now, but I'm not going to hang my head," he said. "I'll just look past this day and get ready for the next stage in my life."
Marshall, who ran for 2,700 yards and 38 touchdowns during his Sun Devil career, didn't receive an invitation to the combine, and felt slighted by the snub.
"Definitely with my body of work here at the school, I felt like I should have been there," Marshall stated. "I was just fortunate to come out here and have the same opportunity."
Marshall's 40 time was also in the 4.5 range.
"I would've liked to have run a little bit faster than that," he said.
Marshall also completed 22 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.
Deveron Carr, Rashad Ross, Jamal Miles, James Morrison, Brice Schwab and 2011 graduate Shelly Lyons also worked out Friday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.