Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 11:14 am
Arizona logo on facemasks? Not yet, anyway
In fact, most teams have at least one graphic on their helmet, with most having something on both sides.
And, in case a school decides that's not enough, it appears there is another part of the helmet that could feature a logo: the facemask.
According to the manufacturer of the facemask, this is a display mock-up and not actually in production or something the school is definitely looking to move toward.
Quite a bit of buzz about that Arizona facemask. Was told you won't see them on helmets next season.— Tracy McDannald (@TracyGOAZCATS) June 10, 2013
However, Arizona -- or some other university -- may like the idea and look to implement it.
Besides wondering whether or not this s actually a good look for the team, some may be questioning if the facemask structurally sound. One would have to think it is (or would be), otherwise what would be the point of the company producing them?
So, with all that said, looks like the only thing we can do is wait for the new-look facemasks to come to a team near you.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.