Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 11:14 am
Arizona logo on facemasks? Not yet, anyway
In fact, most teams have at least one graphic on their helmet, with most having something on both sides.
And, in case a school decides that's not enough, it appears there is another part of the helmet that could feature a logo: the facemask.
According to the manufacturer of the facemask, this is a display mock-up and not actually in production or something the school is definitely looking to move toward.
Quite a bit of buzz about that Arizona facemask. Was told you won't see them on helmets next season.— Tracy McDannald (@TracyGOAZCATS) June 10, 2013
However, Arizona -- or some other university -- may like the idea and look to implement it.
Besides wondering whether or not this s actually a good look for the team, some may be questioning if the facemask structurally sound. One would have to think it is (or would be), otherwise what would be the point of the company producing them?
So, with all that said, looks like the only thing we can do is wait for the new-look facemasks to come to a team near you.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey files paperwork to NFL Draft advisory board
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.