Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 11:14 am
Arizona logo on facemasks? Not yet, anyway
In fact, most teams have at least one graphic on their helmet, with most having something on both sides.
And, in case a school decides that's not enough, it appears there is another part of the helmet that could feature a logo: the facemask.
According to the manufacturer of the facemask, this is a display mock-up and not actually in production or something the school is definitely looking to move toward.
Quite a bit of buzz about that Arizona facemask. Was told you won't see them on helmets next season.— Tracy McDannald (@TracyGOAZCATS) June 10, 2013
However, Arizona -- or some other university -- may like the idea and look to implement it.
Besides wondering whether or not this s actually a good look for the team, some may be questioning if the facemask structurally sound. One would have to think it is (or would be), otherwise what would be the point of the company producing them?
So, with all that said, looks like the only thing we can do is wait for the new-look facemasks to come to a team near you.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.