Report: Kyle Cain to transfer from ASU
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that another member of the Arizona State basketball program is transferring to another school.
Arizona State forward Kyle Cain told CBSSports.com he intends to transfer from Sun Devils.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) March 19, 2012
Cain, a 6-7 forward from Chicago, averaged 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 29 games during his just-completed sophomore season.
Cain was one of three Sun Devils suspended by head coach Herb Sendek prior to Arizona State's road trip to Los Angeles in early January, but was reinstated upon the team's return to Tempe. Following the suspension, Cain started 5 games.
As a freshman in 2010-11, Cain started 23 games, and averaging 5.4 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
Cain becomes the 11th ASU player to leave the basketball program in the last four seasons, and the second this offseason. Chanse Creekmur announced he was leaving the program to pursue a football career earlier this month.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du