Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 10:03 am
Report: Kyle Cain to transfer from ASU
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that another member of the Arizona State basketball program is transferring to another school.
Arizona State forward Kyle Cain told CBSSports.com he intends to transfer from Sun Devils.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) March 19, 2012
Cain, a 6-7 forward from Chicago, averaged 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 29 games during his just-completed sophomore season.
Cain was one of three Sun Devils suspended by head coach Herb Sendek prior to Arizona State's road trip to Los Angeles in early January, but was reinstated upon the team's return to Tempe. Following the suspension, Cain started 5 games.
As a freshman in 2010-11, Cain started 23 games, and averaging 5.4 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
Cain becomes the 11th ASU player to leave the basketball program in the last four seasons, and the second this offseason. Chanse Creekmur announced he was leaving the program to pursue a football career earlier this month.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.