Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 10:03 am
Report: Kyle Cain to transfer from ASU
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that another member of the Arizona State basketball program is transferring to another school.
Arizona State forward Kyle Cain told CBSSports.com he intends to transfer from Sun Devils.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) March 19, 2012
Cain, a 6-7 forward from Chicago, averaged 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 29 games during his just-completed sophomore season.
Cain was one of three Sun Devils suspended by head coach Herb Sendek prior to Arizona State's road trip to Los Angeles in early January, but was reinstated upon the team's return to Tempe. Following the suspension, Cain started 5 games.
As a freshman in 2010-11, Cain started 23 games, and averaging 5.4 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
Cain becomes the 11th ASU player to leave the basketball program in the last four seasons, and the second this offseason. Chanse Creekmur announced he was leaving the program to pursue a football career earlier this month.
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.