Jahii Carson could be getting some more help in the Arizona State back court next season.
A college basketball insider for CBS Sports tweeted Wednesday that Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall is looking for a new school and Arizona State is in the mix.
North Carolina, Creighton, Florida State, + Arizona State are all in the mix for Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, per a source. ...— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 27, 2013
The Sun Devils were left scrambling for a guard when Evan Gordon unexpectedly transferred to Indiana in early May.
They just recently got Junior College transfer Shaquielle McKissic, who averaged 23 points per game for Edmonds Junior College.
Adding Marshall would provide nice depth and make the guard position a strength for the team.
Marshall averaged 15.3 points per game for Penn State last season and led the team in 3-point field goals and steals.
According to ESPN.com, Marshall initially left Penn State to play pro basketball overseas, but has changed his mind and requested a transfer.
He should be able to play immediately next season.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.