Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 8:49 pm
Report: Arizona State in the mix for a talented guard from the Big Ten
A college basketball insider for CBS Sports tweeted Wednesday that Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall is looking for a new school and Arizona State is in the mix.
North Carolina, Creighton, Florida State, + Arizona State are all in the mix for Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, per a source. ...— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 27, 2013
The Sun Devils were left scrambling for a guard when Evan Gordon unexpectedly transferred to Indiana in early May.
They just recently got Junior College transfer Shaquielle McKissic, who averaged 23 points per game for Edmonds Junior College.
Adding Marshall would provide nice depth and make the guard position a strength for the team.
Marshall averaged 15.3 points per game for Penn State last season and led the team in 3-point field goals and steals.
According to ESPN.com, Marshall initially left Penn State to play pro basketball overseas, but has changed his mind and requested a transfer.
He should be able to play immediately next season.
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.