The Pulse: Fans say ASU's Carson shouldn't bolt for NBA
On Friday, Feb. 28, the question was, "Should Jahii Carson go to the NBA after this season?"
After 439 people chimed in, the overwhelming response was that the Arizona State guard should not leave the school and enter the pros in 2014, at least according to our readers.
Despite Carson's numbers of 18.7 points, 4.6 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game in his sophomore year, fans think that the high-profile Mesa native needs to stay for at least another year of seasoning.
Seventy-seven percent of voters responded, "No, he's not ready for the pros," while 14 percent were unsure; they clicked on "Maybe, but it's a very deep draft."
That left only 40 people (9 percent) saying, "Yes, his stock will never be higher."
Before the season began, the prevailing thought was that the 5-foot-10 guard would leave for the pros after his sophomore year, but despite having a strong season for the improved Sun Devils, his NBA aspirations have come into question more and more as the season nears its end.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.