Updated Feb 26, 2013 - 2:49 pm
UA coach Rodriguez comments on Ka'Deem Carey
He's also had one of the worst offseasons anyone can remember.
Not long after rushing for a school-record 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns, Carey faced charges for misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct due to an incident with a pregnant ex-girlfriend, and later he had an issue at an Arizona basketball game that led to his ejection from the arena, where he then had a verbal confrontation with campus police.
Needless to say, Carey has some work to do to get back in the good graces of head coach Rich Rodriguez, and in a Tuesday conversation with the media the coach said his running back is on the right track.
"He's progressing well and he'll be with us in the spring. His process of making sure he shows the true person that he is still ongoing but he's been doing well," Rodriguez said. "We've got close tabs on him and he knows that. He knows he's made some mistakes and has to prove to what kind of person he is."
Rodriguez has not said what kind of discipline -- if any -- Carey will face.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.