Updated Apr 11, 2013 - 10:05 am
Arizona's Kevin Parrom signs with an agent, officially ends college career
Kevin Parrom's basketball career at the University of Arizona has come to an end.
It was thought that Parrom, a senior, may apply for a medical hardship waiver in order to gain another year of eligibility. He missed games his freshman year due to a stress fracture in his left foot, and then significant time his junior season due to a gunshot wound and, later, a broken foot.
He also lost both his mother and grandmother over the course of his college career.
However, the 22-year-old tweeted Wednesday that he would not seek out the waiver.
I did not try to get a 5th year at Arizona. I recently picked an agent to play professional. I know a lot of you guys wanted to know...— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I enjoyed my time here at the U of A. I learned so many things on & off the court. I am ready for the next stage of my life.— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I will still be in Tucson working out & finishing strong in class so I can graduate in May for my mother & grandma. I love Tucson lol 😊😁— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 11, 2013
Parrom, who was part of Sean Miller's first recruiting class at Arizona, does not figure to be an NBA prospect, but that does not mean he will not be able to play professionally somewhere.
Parrom averaged 8.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game this past season, while shooting .483 from the floor and .396 from three-point range.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.