Updated Apr 11, 2013 - 10:05 am
Arizona's Kevin Parrom signs with an agent, officially ends college career
Kevin Parrom's basketball career at the University of Arizona has come to an end.
It was thought that Parrom, a senior, may apply for a medical hardship waiver in order to gain another year of eligibility. He missed games his freshman year due to a stress fracture in his left foot, and then significant time his junior season due to a gunshot wound and, later, a broken foot.
He also lost both his mother and grandmother over the course of his college career.
However, the 22-year-old tweeted Wednesday that he would not seek out the waiver.
I did not try to get a 5th year at Arizona. I recently picked an agent to play professional. I know a lot of you guys wanted to know...— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I enjoyed my time here at the U of A. I learned so many things on & off the court. I am ready for the next stage of my life.— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I will still be in Tucson working out & finishing strong in class so I can graduate in May for my mother & grandma. I love Tucson lol 😊😁— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 11, 2013
Parrom, who was part of Sean Miller's first recruiting class at Arizona, does not figure to be an NBA prospect, but that does not mean he will not be able to play professionally somewhere.
Parrom averaged 8.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game this past season, while shooting .483 from the floor and .396 from three-point range.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.