Updated Apr 11, 2013 - 10:05 am
Arizona's Kevin Parrom signs with an agent, officially ends college career
Kevin Parrom's basketball career at the University of Arizona has come to an end.
It was thought that Parrom, a senior, may apply for a medical hardship waiver in order to gain another year of eligibility. He missed games his freshman year due to a stress fracture in his left foot, and then significant time his junior season due to a gunshot wound and, later, a broken foot.
He also lost both his mother and grandmother over the course of his college career.
However, the 22-year-old tweeted Wednesday that he would not seek out the waiver.
I did not try to get a 5th year at Arizona. I recently picked an agent to play professional. I know a lot of you guys wanted to know...— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I enjoyed my time here at the U of A. I learned so many things on & off the court. I am ready for the next stage of my life.— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 10, 2013
I will still be in Tucson working out & finishing strong in class so I can graduate in May for my mother & grandma. I love Tucson lol 😊😁— Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) April 11, 2013
Parrom, who was part of Sean Miller's first recruiting class at Arizona, does not figure to be an NBA prospect, but that does not mean he will not be able to play professionally somewhere.
Parrom averaged 8.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game this past season, while shooting .483 from the floor and .396 from three-point range.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.