Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 3:46 pm
Wildcats looking good in incredibly early bracketology
ESPN's resident bracket guru released a very early look at how he sees things shaping up for 2014, and the Arizona Wildcats are one of his favorite teams.
Apparently the losses of Mark Lyons, Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Grant Jerrett are not enough to hurt a team that returns Nick Johnson, Kaleb Tarczewski and Brandon Ashley, as well as welcomes notable players in Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell and freshmen Aaron Gordon, Elliot Pitts and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
Sean Miller's squad is a No. 1 seed, according to Lundardi, and would be taking on Charleston Southern in the West region.
And, should the Cats win that game, they would face the winner of Pittsburgh/VCU in the next round. Pitt is Miller's alma mater and VCU is, well, VCU.
So that would be fun.
The other top seeds are Kentucky, Michigan State and Duke, and three other Pac-12 schools (Colorado, UCLA, Oregon) are also on the list.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.