Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 8:03 pm
The Pulse: Fans say Wildcats' Sean Miller a top 5 coach
On Sunday, Jan. 19, we asked fans if Sean Miller is among the top 5 coaches in college basketball right now.
It didn't happen overnight, but with the Arizona Wildcats men's team at 18-0 and ranked No. 1 in the nation, Miller has left little doubt in fans' minds that he is a worthy successor to legendary coach Lute Olson.
With three options from which to choose and 436 people voting, fans overwhelmingly affirmed that the Wildcats leader is indeed a top 5 coach. More than three-fourths (76 percent) of Arizona Sports readers chose this option.
The second-most popular answer in the poll was "No" -- with 13 percent of the vote -- trailed by "Unsure, wait and see how the season ends." The latter option constituted 11 percent of all votes; those fans are likely waiting to see how the season plays out for Arizona, including in the NCAA Tournament, before they can agree to crown Coach Miller.
If UA were to take home the national championship this year -- Miller's fifth season at the helm -- it would be the school's first since 1997.
The Wildcats next take on the 15-4 Colorado Buffaloes on Thursday at the McKale Center in Tucson.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.