Arizona forward Brandon Ashley underwent successful foot surgery
Ashley, who suffered the season-ending foot injury during the Wildcats' 60-58 loss at Cal Berkeley on Feb. 1, averaged 11.5 and 5.8 rebounds in 22 starts this season.
While the former All-American will be forced to sit out for the remainder of the 2013-14 campaign, Ashley told ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman last week that he'll likely return to Tucson for his junior season.
"I wasn't 100 percent (about coming back) before the injury," Ashley told ESPN.com. "But I've thought about it, and there's a very, very, very strong chance I'll be back at the University of Arizona next year."
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.