Patriots coach mocks Roger Goodell with t-shirt on flight home
If the Patriots were trying to convince anyone that there’s no bad blood with Roger Goodell, their defensive coordinator isn’t helping the cause.
Matt Patricia, hours removed from an historic comeback win in Super Bowl LI, returned to Boston on Monday wearing a shirt depicting the NFL commissioner as a clown.
Goodell hasn’t been a favorite among New England fans, particularly because of the four-game suspension of Tom Brady in the wake of ‘Deflategate.’ But apparently, the displeasure with the league’s top officer goes beyond just the Patriots fanbase.
Maybe the “last laugh” in the 2016 Patriots saga didn’t come from Tom Brady — it came from those who saw Patricia get off the team plane at Logan International Airport.
- The world that was the last time Herm Edwards was a coach
- GM Steve Keim: Cardinals ‘active’ in trade talks; nothing imminent
- Soccer fans erupt after paper airplane flies into goal
- Now Trending, Sept. 12: Football is back, and Sergio Dipp is a superstar
- Cardinals sign former ASU running back D.J. Foster