It was the commercial of commercials to promote the shoe brands of shoe brands.
Now, Devin Booker and Arizona rapper Futuristic have recreated Michael Jordan and Spike Lee’s famous Nike commercial. With a few tweaks to the original script — “Is it the knock-down jumper?” replaces “Is it the vicious dunks?” — Futuristic becomes Booker’s hypeman.
“Book, what makes you the best young player in the league? Is it the knock-down jumper?” Futuristic asks.
“Nah, Fut,” Booker says.
“Is it this fresh lineup you got right here?” the rapper says.
“Nah, Fut,” Booker responds.
There are leg sleeves instead of long shorts these days, but Booker and Futuristic capture the style of the classic Nike commercial featuring Jordan and Lee’s character Mars Blackmon from the film “She’s Gotta Have It.” They do so with a nice Phoenix touch.
And yes, Booker is sure it’s not the shoes (although they are very nice shoes).
As of now, Booker only has a personalized player exclusive of Nike’s Zoom Revs. The more game-winning shots he hits, the more likely it’ll be he’ll get his very own shoes down the line.
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference
- How realistic is NBA 2K18? Its trailer features a grumpy Marquese Chriss
- ESPN’s first 2018 NBA mock draft has the Suns taking Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, could add to 2018 NBA Draft crop
- The 5: Intriguing items on the Suns’ 2017-18 schedule