NCAA reveals Final Four court with time-lapse of construction
When the Mount St. Mary’s University Mountaineers face off against the University of New Orleans Privateers in Dayton Tuesday, March Madness will officially be underway.
While the NCAA Tournament will also be held in New York, San Jose, Kansas City and Memphis, the most important games will take place during the Final Four at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
Although the winners of the four regions will not face off against each other until April 1, the court is ready and waiting for them.
The task of constructing said court was undertaken last September by Connor Sports, who teamed with NCAA March Madness to release a behind-the-scenes time-lapse video of the project.
Fans of top teams are predictably excited about the prospect of seeing their school take the court in April.
The beauty of March Madness is that it gives fans of teams like the 12th-seeded University of North Carolina Wilmington Seahawks hope that they will make it to Glendale.
- Cardinals agree to naming rights deal to make home State Farm Stadium
- Cardinals’ new food menu items include seven-pound burger challenge
- A short wait: NCAA awards Phoenix its second Final Four
- Arizona earns hosting duties for 2024 Final Four
- Phoenix organizing committee in Boston, makes official Final Four bid