Atlanta Braves’ ‘Beat the Freeze’ runner is really, really fast
It’s not uncommon for professional baseball teams to feature entertainment during the breaks between innings. The Atlanta Braves are no exception.
One of their contests is quite simple: Run across the outfield warning track and try to beat a given opponent.
The catch? That opponent is “The Freeze.” And The Freeze is really, really fast.
A video surfaced online of a young man who got an enormous head start on The Freeze and still lost. Impressively, he kept his lead until almost the very end, but The Freeze prevailed.
This guy didn’t stand a chance against The Freeze pic.twitter.com/2e842ZxYOV
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) June 10, 2017
Don’t tease the Freeze.
- Internet mocks Kawhi Leonard over New Balance shoe deal
- Suns rookies name ‘scariest’ players to go up against
- The internet was not impressed with the Philadelphia Flyers’ new mascot
- Diamondbacks commit four errors, lose in extra innings to Braves
- D-backs’ bullpen tested, escapes calamity in win over Braves