Cardinals 2017 fourth-round pick Dorian Johnson signed by Texans
Cardinals fourth-round pick Dorian Johnson was signed off the practice squad by the Houston Texans on Wednesday, and Arizona announced it had replaced him with fellow offensive lineman Givens Price.
Johnson, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound fourth-round pick in 2017, didn’t make it onto the season-opening, 53-man roster despite being drafted to challenge for the right guard role currently occupied by second-year pro Evan Boehm.
The Pittsburgh product then joined the practice squad after clearing waivers.
Price re-joins the Cardinals after having already served time on their practice squad.
The second-year pro was released on Sept. 14 of this year after making one appearance for Arizona last season. The 6-foot-4, 310-pound tackle/guard spent 14 weeks on the practice squad prior to that game and, out of Nebraska, was an undrafted free agent pickup by the Cardinals in 2016.
- Cardinals re-sign S Harlan Miller, waive CB Lou Young III
- ESPN’s Barnwell builds the perfect roster with two Cardinals RBs
- Cardinals’ David Johnson sets sights on regaining elite status in 2018
- Sam Bradford expects Cardinals to sling it more vs. Saints
- David Johnson believes you should pick him No. 1 in fantasy football